Monday, February 22, 2010

Pizza Madness


I'm obsessed with pizza. Like Ed Levine obsessed. Possibly not quite as obsessed as This Guy, but I'm up there. At home in Los Angeles, it's tough to satisfy the craving. Pizzeria Mozza might have the best crust I've ever tasted, but the sauce is imperfect, and a personal sized pie never manages to satisfy like a proper sized slice. Joe's Pizza in Santa Monica reminds me that I'm missing Joe's Pizza in Greenwich Village. I'm a crap baker, so until I meet an adorable pastry girl, making my own is a challenge.

I had planned on a eating a wide variety of food on my most recent trip to NYC. (By wide, I mean that in addition to pizza, I would eat deli, Chinese, Indian, and bagels...) Turns out, what I ate was mostly pizza.

I ate like a champ. Twice, I visited three pizza joints in a single day. I visited old favorites (Sal & Carmine, I love you with all my heart), and randomly found a terrific slice in Brooklyn (the Grandma at Vinny's Pizza).

There was a moment or two when I thought I was satisfied. But those moments passed quickly. Back in California now, and the pizza dreams have started again.

1 comment:

Cartimandua said...

Love, love, love the flavors in this "Pizza Madness"! Fresh, healthy and delicious.
http://all4payday.com