Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Go See Bottle Shock




Self-promotion plus wine.

Bottle Shock releases tomorrow, August 6, in many cities. Over the next few weeks, it's going to release wider. You can help by going to see it!

Bottle Shock is based on the events leading up to the famous 'Judgment of Paris' wine tasting in 1976. The story focuses on wine merchant Steve Spurrier's (Alan Rickman) journey to Napa Valley to select a few upstart wineries to compete against the best French wines. The world was shocked when Napa won.

It's a beautiful film, shot on location in Napa and Sonoma counties. The all star cast includes Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman, Chris Pine, Eliza Dushku, Freddie Rodriguez, Denis Farina, and your favorite food blogger, me. Randall Miller's terrific direction, Mike Ozier's cinematography, and Mark Adler's amazing score make wonderful magic.

So go out and support independent film while you revel in some fine wine.

Check out Bottle Shock's website for all the screening locations.


4 comments:

Taresa said...

I saw the movie a few weeks at ago at a special screening and loved it.

Boy, did it make me thirsty!

Unknown said...

I was so excited about this movie when I saw the preview. Posted it on my blog and everything - low and behold boring Arizona is not showing it. I really need to find a cooler city to live in. Oh well, I can wait! Maybe.

Hal B said...

It'll do that! I'm going to a wine bar tonight. Never thought I'd do that!

Tallmisto: Thanks for posting about the film on your blog! Bottle Shock is slowly releasing in AZ. If it does well elsewhere, look for a wider release!

Unknown said...

Awesome. I'll check listings! Perhaps the the valley isn't so bad after all.