Friday, August 22, 2008

Idea: Meet the Bloggers

Last night, for the first time ever, no one busted my balls about snapping a photo of my dinner. In fact, nearly everyone at the table did the same thing.

The wonderful people behind foodbuzz.com organized a fantastic event at Newport Beach's Blanca for the SoCal featured publishers. We were treated to a great meal, tasty wine, and a chance to meet fellow food writers.

I really enjoyed the diversity of people there. Some, like I, are fairly new at food blogging. Others have been doing it for quite some time now. There were foodies, cooks, creaters, reviewers, all at the same table. We all come from different walks of life- programmers, scientists, mothers, etc. As different as we might be, we all shared a passion for good food, and, it seems, taking pictures of the said food.

Here's the blog roll of attendees:
An Easy Recipe
Art and Aioli
Eat in OC
Food Destination
Go Eggless
Gourmet Pigs
Griffin Eats OC
I Nom Things
L.A. & O.C. Food Adventures
Orange County Mexican Resteraunts
Panini Happy
Pleasure Palate
Rasa Malaysia
RumDood
The Delicious Life
Wandering Chopsticks

It was a really killer experience. Meeting the other SoCal featured publishers was really exiting and inspiring. I learned something from everyone there.

Special thanks to Kirsten and Ryan for organizing the event and taking great care of us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hal - It was great to meet you last night, too! Very glad I decided to make the trip up from SD, it was a lot of fun. Also glad that I found Bottle Shock playing near me - looking forward to catching it next weekend! :-)

gourmetpigs said...

Thanks for posting that list! Since for some reason I've misplaced mine ... :)
It was really great meeting you (and everyone else) last night
And I'm up for Tiki-Ti, anytime~

DanGarion said...

Hi Hal! Wanted to say hi and tell you it was cool meeting you for the first time. Foodbuzz really knows how to take care of us. I had a blast last night!

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you! And yes, Tiki-Ti...must do.