Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quck Hit Grocery Review: Berkeley Bowl

Oh boy.  This might be the greatest place in the Bay Area. 

I only had about five minutes to explore the wonderland that is Berkeley Bowl.  It was love at first sight.  Nearly 1/4 of this giant grocery is devoted to produce, at prices and quality the rival farmers' markets, and a diversity of goods that can't be beat.  My jaw was dropped to the ground as I made my way through 10 different types of grapes, scores of heirloom apples, and a rainbow of exotic fruits.  The majority of the produce is locally grown, though exceptions are made for out of seasonal items from other locales.

That's all I can say for now.  I was so enamored by the produce section, and my time so limited, that I didn't have a chance to do anything else but buy a nutrient packed hippie bar.  Fear not, I'll be back soon with a full review.

In the meantime, check out their website.  If you're in the Bay Area, go here.  Now.

No comments: