Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday is for Sharing!


Time for a new feature on This Man's Kitchen. From now on, Fridays will be for sharing. I'll list a few food blogs that have caught my attention in the past week. You will then go and enjoy the excellence that they offer. Sounds like a plan? Good.

Off The (Meat) Hook
The first share has to go to my friend Karen at Off The (Meat) Hook. We're old buddies from college. Many memories of drunken dirty Jenga parties and hilarious musicals rest in our heads. It also happens that Karen is an accomplished cook, creating a variety of fantastic recipes both savory & sweet. Her photography is stellar. As an added bonus, Karen reviews restaurants in the most excellent way possible- haiku. Who needs 1,000 words when 17 syllables can say it all?

Rum Dood

I met the Rum Dood (Matt Robold) at a Foodbuzz featured publishers' dinner last summer. He writes what might be the most entertaining and informative booze site out there. In fact, Rum Dood was recently awarded that Best Drink Blog on the Well-Fed Network. You'll find a nice mix of product reviews and cocktail recipes. Perfect reading for a Friday.

Bacon Today
I have no idea how I didn't know about this site until today. If you know me, you know my deep love of bacon. Well, imagine my delight when, while viewing the L.A. Times food section, I found a link to Bacon Today. Bacon Obsession is more like it. In a Thanksgiving post, the sites "Chief Baconographer" Corey James took a turducken to a new level of awesome by wrapping it it bacon. "Head Chef" Matt Kirsch brought his own bacon to baconless In-N-Out. All I can think about is bacon now, thanks to these guys. This is some serious stuff.

No comments: